Head First WordpressBook - 2010
A guide to WordPress provides bloggers with everything they need to know to build, design, manage, and customize their blogs, including step-by-step coverage of everything from installation and security to publishing and customization, as well as themes, widgets, and plug-ins.
Author Siarto, an experienced WordPress user and web designer, unlocks the mysteries of the WordPress platform in this well-illustrated reference. The author uses a conversational and frequently humorous approach to demonstrate how to customize blogs with URLs and templates, how to embed video and audio, support several authors, set up podcasts, cache pages for a faster website, avoid hackers, and manage websites with WordPress. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Ingram Publishing Services
Whether you’re promoting your business or writing about your travel adventures, Head First WordPress will teach you not only how to make your blog look unique and attention-grabbing, but also how to dig into the more complex features of WordPress 3.0 to make your website work well, too.
You’ll learn how to move beyond the standard WordPress look and feel by customizing your blog with your own URL, templates, plugin functionality, and more. As you learn, you’ll be working with real WordPress files: The book’s website provides pre-fab WordPress themes to download and work with as you follow along with the text.
- Gain immediate experience with WordPress 3.0, the June 2010 release of the software
- Get your site up and running by setting up a MySQL database and creating configuration files
- Work with the Wordpress platform to create posts and pages, learn the difference between tags and categories, edit content, moderate comments, and manage spam
- Explore how to extend Wordpress with plugins and templates
- Convert custom designs (in HTML and CSS) into functional themes and use them in WordPress
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First WordPress uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.