Big Island of Hawai'i
[including Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park]Book - 2016
Make Your Escape!
Explore sublime beaches, wander idyllic valleys, and admire the fiery power of the volcanoes. See the heart of Hawaii with Moon Big Island of Hawai'i, the travel guide preferred by locals.
What You'll Find in Moon Big Island of Hawai'i:
- Local author Bree Kessler's expert wisdom on the spirit of her island home
- Full-color guides with vibrant, helpful photos, all in an easy-to-navigate format
- Detailed directions and over 20 maps for exploring on your own
- Itineraries for every trip and budget with options for rainy days, including: A Week on the Big Island, Best Beaches, Outdoor Adventures, Hotspots for Honeymooners, Historical Sites, Underwater Exploration, Best for Families
- In-depth, focused coverage for Kona, Kohala, Ka'u, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Puna, Hilo, Hamakua Coast, Waimea, and the Saddle Road
- Honest advice on finding the best accommodations, accessible transportation, and navigating the island like a local
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: snorkel the coral reefs or surf the waves. Traverse the lush island trails by bicycle or horseback, or hike a volcano by lava light. Attend a traditional luau and sample Polynesian cuisine, or find the best spot for dining, dancing, and sunset romance.
- Nuanced information including background on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and culture
- Handy tools such as detailed lodging information and suggestions on LGBT+ travel and eco-tourism, all in a book light enough for your beach bag
With Moon Big Island of Hawai'i's practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Interested in island hopping? Check out Moon Honolulu & O'ahu, Moon Kaua'i, and Moon Maui. Visiting all the islands? Check out Moon Hawaiian Islands.
Publisher: Berkeley, CA : Avalon Travel, 2016
Edition: 8th Edition
Branch Call Number: TRAVEL USA 2016
919.691 M7783 2016
919.691 M7783 2016
Characteristics: 319 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 19 cm